Over the past five years, Kyleigh’s Gift has touched thousands of lives through initiatives focused on infant wellness and parental support:
- SleepSacks provided for every family at the Birthing Center since 2013, promoting safe sleep and reducing SIDS
- Period of Purple Crying education for new parents to reduce stress and rates of abuse
- Vouchers for breastfeeding mothers visiting the NICU to eat meals at the Hospital
- Scholarships for OB staff to participate in specialized training
- Annual Diaper Drive to help local babies in need
- Supplies pack n plays and car seats for families unable to afford cribs or the equipment for infants with special needs
- Miscarriage care packages provided in the ED, surgery center, and OB-GYN office for women facing pregnancy loss
- Memory boxes with a hand-painted ceramic angel, specialized books for family members, and other mementos and resources for families facing infant loss
- A CaringCradle device to allow families to spend more time in the Hospital with their infant after a loss
The annual Kyleigh’s Gift Run Walk is a great way to support the fund, and offers a Candlelight Ceremony in honor of National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day. 2020’s event will be held on Saturday, October 10th. Click here for more info on how to sign up!
Rodger and Leann Weller created Kyleigh’s Gift after the passing of their daughter, Kyleigh Elizabeth in 2012.