Kyleigh’s Gift Events:
Kyleigh’s Gift Diaper Drive, April 10-24th, 2023
Every year, Kyleigh’s Gift holds a Diaper Drive to coincide with Kyleigh’s birthday, April 5. Since the Diaper Drive began in 2015, over 130,000 diapers have been collected and given to families in need. Newborn and size 1 diapers are distributed to families at the Liberty Hospital Birthing Center, while larger sized diapers are given to local social service agencies to distribute according to their guidelines. Online shopping links are below!
The 10th Annual Kyleigh’s Gift Run & Candlelight, October 14, 2023
Join your family, friends and neighbors as we gather together to help thousands of families by providing infant wellness education and pregnancy & infant loss resources to the Northland community. The annual Kyleigh’s Gift Run Walk is a great way to support the fund and offers a Candlelight Ceremony in honor of National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.
Click here to register and to learn more about the Kyleigh’s Gift Run & Candlelight. We hope you and your family will join us on October 15th for an afternoon of family fun for a great cause!
Kyleigh’s Gift has touched thousands of lives through initiatives focused on infant wellness and parental support:
- SleepSacks provided for every family at the Birthing Center since 2013, promoting safe sleep and reducing SIDS
- Period of Purple Crying education for new parents to reduce stress and rates of abuse
- Vouchers for breastfeeding mothers visiting the NICU to eat meals at the Hospital
- Scholarships for OB staff to participate in specialized training
- Annual Diaper Drive to help local babies in need
- Supplies pack n plays and car seats for families unable to afford cribs or the equipment for infants with special needs
- Miscarriage care packages provided in the ED, and surgery center for women facing pregnancy loss
- Memory boxes with a hand-painted ceramic angel, specialized books for family members, and other mementos and resources for families facing infant loss
- A CaringCradle device to allow families to spend more time in the Hospital with their infant after a loss
There are many ways to support Kyleigh’s Gift:
- Bundle diapers
- Assemble care packages
- Hold a mini-diaper drive
- Be on the planning team for the Run and Candlelight
- Be a Team Captain for the Kyleigh’s Gift Run
- Sponsor the Kyleigh’s Gift Run and Candlelight
- Be a Race Day Volunteer
Contact the Foundation team for more info on how to get started!
Rodger and Leann Weller created Kyleigh’s Gift after the passing of their daughter, Kyleigh Elizabeth in 2012. The loving care and support they received from doctors, nurses and staff at Liberty Hospital Birthing Center during their time of loss is what prompted the Weller family to turn to the Liberty Hospital Foundation for support in starting Kyleigh’s Gift.