Over the past five years, Kyleigh’s Gift has touched thousands of lives through initiatives focused on infant wellness and parental support:
- SleepSacks provided for every family at the Birthing Center since 2013, promoting safe sleep and reducing SIDS
- Period of Purple Crying education for new parents to reduce stress and rates of abuse
- Vouchers for breastfeeding mothers visiting the NICU to eat meals at the Hospital
- Scholarships for OB staff to participate in specialized training
- Partnership with HappyBottoms to provide
- Supplies pack n plays and car seats for families unable to afford cribs or the equipment for infants with special needs
- Miscarriage care packages provided in the ED, surgery center, and OB-GYN office for women facing pregnancy loss
- Memory boxes with a hand-painted ceramic angel, specialized books for family members, and other mementos and resources for families facing infant loss
- A CaringCradle device to allow families to spend more time in the Hospital with their infant after a loss
The annual Kyleigh’s Gift Run Walk is a great way to support the fund, and offers a Candlelight Ceremony in honor of National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Day.
Rodger and Leann Weller created Kyleigh’s Gift after the passing of their daughter, Kyleigh Elizabeth in 2012.